Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

One of THOSE days...

Had one of those days yesterday where nothing I said to my mother was right. It didn't matter. If I said the sun was shining she told me she wasn't stupid, she could see the sun was shining. If I offered to help her in ANY way- I was taking away her independence. When I didn't help her I was just like my father and inconsiderate. When I got angry and walked away instead of saying something back to her, she yelled at me for not "discussing" the situation. You get the idea.
By the time my husband came home I was not doing so great. When I spent some time with him and told him what happened- he laughed!!! Which, really was the right thing to do. He said, "See what your dad has gone through for the last few years?" Yes- I do.

This morning Mom wanted to know if she had bugged me yesterday. I told her yesterday was forgotten and today is a new day. She said, "Well, if I ever do anything to upset you, please let me know." HA! Like that's going to happen!  

No comments: