Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quick Catch-Up

A quick catch-up…

 

Mom has been going to the Adult Day Program and still loves it. She is going on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. She missed two days last week because of the weather… Snow-ice-snow-ice-snow-ice… if you live in the Midwest you understand! Took her on Monday and she remembered everyone’s name except for two people! She couldn’t remember what she had for breakfast- but I think because this is so enjoyable she is really trying…or it could be that the pleasure centers of her brain are not as affected?? Who knows with AD?

I have been going to my counselor/life coach/therapist. I feel very good about this. Tuesday I took her my calendar for the next 6 months and showed her how I have it color coded for Dad’s stuff, Mom’s stuff, my son’s stuff and my husband’s stuff and she asked me where my stuff was?? I explained I try to work around everyone else… And after I said it out loud it really hit home. So we got our my new calendar and in it are all the things others do, but it also has My Stuff listed with the times… So if someone wants me to do something during study time, I can say no and have a reason. It is my study time. I can’t really put it off. It needs to be done. It is all written in pencil- so I can change things if I need/want to, but I can use it as a guideline so I don’t get caught saying “yes” to too many things others want me to do. My therapist gave me a pink mechanical pencil. I didn’t have any- but today when I go to WalMart at 4PM(scheduled!) I will pick some up! Thank you SM!

For those of you for whom this didn’t take 56 years to figure out, I envy you! But now that I’m catching on to it I just pray I don’t let it fall by the wayside. By doing this- I can look at my schedule and see that I can have my granddaughter over  this weekend and not be wondering in the back of my mind if I’m forgetting something. This is very freeing for me. I never thought a schedule would free me…who knew?

Now I have to remember to put blogging on my schedule…

1 comment:

Cher said...

YEA!!!! I'm so glad eveything is going good and that time with your Granddaughter is in your scheldule :) Definatly add blog time. It helps me catch up and keep up on things when I'm not there.
Loves!