Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Lost and Found

Lost it for a while yesterday. Driving down the highway going 55 mph with my mom in the passenger seat. Crying. (Me crying) Mom getting after me about my attitude and why I I was acting so much like my father (!) That has been her complaint for years- that I "talk" like my father. Unfortunately, she doesn't recognize how my father has changed and how patient and loving he is to her. Evidently she doesn't see how much I am like her. I am not a nurse like she was, but I care deeply for people and that is how God uses me. To be a caregiver.

Spent a lot of time on the Alzheimer's website message boards yesterday.  The people on those boards are some of the best. Helpful, understanding, funny, and ready to give you a kick in the a$$ if you need one. They helped me find my center again.

Today is a new day and I am looking forward to it! This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments: