Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Newspaper

Dad and Mom in the kitchen, Dad fixing cereal. Mom asks Dad if she can help.

“No- but you could go get the newspaper for me.”

“Do I have it?”

“Yes.”

“Okay- I’ll go get it.”

Dad waits.

Dad gets up and walks into living room and meets Mom bringing the paper.

“Thank you! I was looking for that.”

“I told you I would bring it. Are you calling me a liar?”

“No, I just thought I would help you.”

“I don’t need help carrying a newspaper. You are insulting me.”

“I didn’t mean to. Thank you.”

Opens newspaper.

“”This isn’t todays newspaper.”

“What do you mean?”

“This section is Friday’s. So is this section. Okay- this section is today’s.”

“Well at least you got part of todays. I don’t know how that happened. It as all Saturday’s when I was looking at it.”

No comments: