Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Daughter

My daughter writes her own blog titled “Life’s Small Blessings.”  She recently just wrote about the things she is thankful for.  It is a lovely piece of writing and I am so proud of her.

I know that in that piece she only wrote briefly about our relationship, but it was enough to prompt me to respond to her. I would like to share that response.

Sweet daughter- you whose name means "Dear One" --we have always been more alike than we ever were different.

Don't let that scare you. That's why at times we clashed- you had to find your own identity and you have done that admirably. I had to let you find that identity and those things that made you so much like me were also those things that scared me.

But you are your own person. We may share some of the same traits (and I see that in your writing) but you are your own person with your own life to lead, your own path to follow.

As time goes own, we will celebrate our differences as well as our alikeness and we will praise God for it all.

What a blessing you have been to me. During the good times and during the bad. My first born. My dear one, my gift from God.

Could I make it through all of what is happening right now without you? Yes. God would get me through. But I am so happy (and that word is not enough) that you are here with me, going through this with me. Being my friend as well as my daughter. I love you- the girl you were and the woman you have become.
You are one of MY blessings...
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter.

She truly seems like a blessing!